When it’s dreary and cold outside, it’s so lovely to eat a hot and steam bowl of comfort for dinner. If you are looking for a comforting meal on those cold winter days, look no further! Try this hearty and nutritious Madras Curry Soup sure to warm you down to your toes!
Details on this amazing Madras Curry Recipe below!!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Green Onions thinly sliced (reserve some for garnish), divided
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 cans Reduced -Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups coarsley chopped chicken breast, cooked about 1 pound uncooked
- 2 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 Can diced Tomatoes and Chiles
- 1 Can whole-new Potatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 Can Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
Preheat Oven to 425 F
Warm oil in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
Stir in green onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in Madras Curry Powder, cumin and salt, and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth, potatoes, coconut milk, tomatoes and chiles, chicken, carrots, and rice. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Stir in lime juice and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Spoon into deep bowls and sprinkle each with reserved green onions.
* Buy Kissan Authentic Indian products HERE! *
Lastly, Feel free to Print & Share!
Thank you and visit again!