Instant Pot Kala Chana Curry
Kala Chana (chick peas) is an excellent source of protein. Did you know that one cup of cooked Kala Chana provides 15 grams of protein or 30% of the daily value, so its a great addition to a vegetarian diet. Also, they are low in fat and high in fibre providing 13 grams of dietary fibre, almost half the daily requirement!! Check out our convenient instant pot Kala Chana Curry recipe below!
- 3 Cups Water for soaking black chick peas
- 2 Cups Kala Chana Black Chick Peas 3
- 2 Tbsp Kissan Desi Ghee
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Medium Sized Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Kissan Curry Masala
- 1 Tsp Kissan Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- Salt as required for taste
- Kissan Crispy Fried Onions
Soak Black Chick Peas preferably overnight
Set Instant Pot in 'Sauté Mode'.
Add Kissan Desi Ghee
Once Ghee is melted, add cumin and onions
Sauté the onions till they become light golden.
Add garlic cloves and green chili and saute for a few minutes.
Add canned tomatoes and sauté mixture for about 5 - 7 minutes,
Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Kissan Garam Masala, Kissan Curry Masala and sauté for another few minutes, adding a bit of water if mixture starts to stick to the bottom.
Turn Instant Pot to 'Bean Mode' and set for 30 minutes to cook (Bean mode should automatically set timer for 30 minutes)
10. Once cooking is complete and pressure released, add a handful of Kissan crispy fried Onions, mix and serve over basmati rice, with nan or roti, or enjoy as a soup!
Enjoy our instant pot Kala Chana Curry! Let us know your comments below on how your family loved it!
* Buy Kissan Authentic Indian products HERE! *
Lastly, Feel free to Print & Share!
Thank you and visit again!